Expanding your business into new markets can be exciting, but there are also challenges, chief of which is the language barrier.Crossing this barrier takes expert knowledge and understanding of the target audience.
To cross the language barrier, your company will benefit from the use professional translation services. When and why do you need the services of a translation company? Let’s take a look.
Reasons to Use Professional Translation Services
With professional translators, you can rest assured your content will reach the local audience in their own language. Here’s why:
- Subject Matter Experts (SMEs): professional translation services are subject matter experts in your industry who apply their expertise and knowledge to translating your content into the target language.
- Avoid embarrassing errors: context matters; professional translation services make sure the translation is correct, without embarrassing errors that could make your company look bad. For instance, the phrase “finger-lickin’ good,” associated with Kentucky Fried Chicken, a popular American restaurant chain, was literally translated into Chinese, where it read “eating your fingers off.” With a professional translation agency, you can avoid such embarrassing errors.
- On-time delivery: if you face a tight deadline, using an inexperienced translator may cause delays. They may require additional time for questions and research, etc. With a professional translation service, you can be assured that they are able to meet your deadline. Translation agencies typically maintain a team and a network of translators to collaborate on projects, ensuring timely completion.
- Correcting mistranslations: Inexperienced translators or machine translations can easily mistranslate words with multiple meanings. They may not understand the correct use or context of the word. Professional translators, on the other hand, will understand the context of the word and correctly translate it into the target language.
- Terms and conditions clearly stated: with professional translation services, you can count on clear conditions and terms present in a quote. In other words, the agency will ensure you understand payment terms, delivery and more. You’ll what you’re getting and when to expect it.
- Transparency: At each stage of the translation process, you will be informed of what is happening and will be consulted when decisions need to be made, etc. Professional translation services typically keep the client informed of where the translation is in the process, and what the next step will be, and they’ll include the client in important discussions and decisions.
Related Post: Thought Leadership Marketing for Your Translation Agency
Conclusion: Embracing the Benefits of Professional Translation Agencies
As you can see, there are many benefits to using a professional translation agency. You can expect excellent service, precise translation into the target language, and transparency at each step of the translation process. Using professional translation services ensures target audience understanding, leading to benefits for your business.