Expanding your business into new markets can be exciting, but there are also challenges, chief of which is the language barrier. Crossing this barrier takes expert knowledge and understanding of the target audience.
To cross the language barrier, your company will benefit from the use professional translation services. When and why do you need the services of a translation company? Let’s take a look.
Reasons to Use Professional Translation Services
With professional translators, you can rest assured your content will reach the local audience in their own language. Here’s why:
· Subject Matter Experts (SMEs): professional translation services are subject matter experts in your industry who apply their expertise and knowledge to translating your content into the target language.
· Avoid embarrassing errors: context matters; professional translation services make sure the translation is correct, without embarrassing errors that could make your company look bad. For instance, the phrase “finger lickin’ good,” associated with Kentucky Fried Chicken, a popular American restaurant chain, was literally translated into Chinese, where it read “eating your fingers off.” With a professional translation agency, you can avoid such embarrassing errors.
· On-time delivery: if you face a tight deadline, using an inexperienced translator may cause delays. They may require additional time for questions and research, etc. With a professional translation service, you can be assured that they are able to meet your deadline. Translation agencies usually have a team and a network of translators who can work on a project, assuring it will be done on time.
· Correcting mistranslations: words with more than one meaning can easily be mistranslated by inexperienced translators or machine translations. They may not understand the correct use or context of the word. Professional translators, on the other hand, will understand the context of the word and correctly translate it into the target language.
· Terms and conditions clearly stated: with professional translation services, you can count on clear conditions and terms present in a quote. In other words, the agency will ensure you understand payment terms, delivery and more. You’ll what you’re getting and when to expect it.
· Transparency: at each stage of the translation process, you’ll know what’s happening and will be consulted when decisions need to be made, etc. Professional translation services typically keep the client informed of where the translation is in the process, what the next step will be, and they’ll include the client in important discussions and decisions.
As you can see, there are many benefits to using a professional translation agency. You can expect excellent service, precise translation into the target language, and transparency at each step of the translation process. In the end, your translation will be understood and accepted by the target audience, and your business will benefit from the use of professional translation services.